Data science operations associate
What we do Telesense is an early stage startup based in the Silicon Valley that is revolutionizing the grain industry. We apply data science methods to improve operational efficiency throughout the grain supply chain- reducing energy costs, grain spoilage, and time and money spent on managing grain. We are currently at a crucial stage in our development, where we need to prove out the tools we have developed so far, and rapidly gather the data that will help us transform the industry.Job overview
The ideal candidate will be able to pick up technical concepts regarding data and grain quickly. The candidate should be comfortable with routine customer interaction through phone, text, and email. Example workflow: The associate goes through the data from every storage unit and notes down points of interest, if any. These are then reviewed by the DS team. The DS team confirms findings that the customer should be made aware of. Findings may need to be confirmed with the customer, e.g., if a hotspot is suspected, the DS team would need to confirm if the customer observes spoiled grain while unloading. Unloading might be several months after the hotspot has been detected, so the associate must keep on top of maintaining communication with the customer through this time, so the opportunity for confirmation is not missed. Confirmation could include asking for photos or videos of the spoiled grain and getting a sense of where in the storage unit the spoilage was.
-Sales & Business Development Manager-
[On Farm or BHC segment] Australia-New Zealand Region (TeleSense Australia Pty Ltd.)
Estimated Start date: ASAP, in Q3-Q4 2020
As part of investing in its Australian subsidiary, we are looking for a commercial person that wants to play a role in implementing Ag-Tech innovation across the Australian grain sector. Now that TeleSense is successfully deployed on-site with over 400 customers in the US and EU, Australia represents the next strategic market for us to target.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Aust-wide business development, sales and customer relationships for growing global AgTech start-up into IoT sensors, big data insights etc., for grain companies. The ideal candidate will grow with the business, have a passion for innovation, regional agri-buiness and customer interaction. You will likely have about 5-10 yrs business experience, strong engineering/IT b-gd, agri-experience would be great, preferable, with bent to sale/BD.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Independent work ethic
- Interest in technology, specifically applications in agriculture
- 3+ years’ sales experience from grain industry or an agriculture-related field
- Grow business with existing APAC customers by developing strong client relationships
- Prospect, identify, pursue and close new business opportunities
- Work closely with Executive Chairman to develop growth strategy for APAC region, identify potential channel and strategic partners, and business opportunities
- Manage progression of customers through Proof-of-Concepts, pilot deployments and commercial orders
- Identify and influence key decision-makers and evangelists within target customer organizations
- Attend regional events to promote TeleSense
- Identify regional trends affecting markets and customers and communicate them to home office
- Use CRM to log, track and plan customer interactions
- Use CRM to develop and track pipeline of all assigned business opportunities
- Travel to visit customer offices and commodity storage facilities
<- Travel to visit TeleSense home office at least once annually <
- Data Analyst -
Leverage data and business principles for TeleSense data science strategies; Provide metrics, trends, relationship and patterns in the data to the management; Utilize analytical, programming & statistical skills to collect & analyze time-series data; Develop predictive analytics, exploratory data analysis and build Tableau visualizations; Assist in the creating and maintenance of data driven optimization models, experiments and forecasting algorithms; collect data from multiple sources & extract, transform & load data for predictive analytics; Provide feedback to TeleSense science and engineering teams on the applicability of technical solutions from business perspective; Detect anomalies in time-series data using Machine Learning algorithms.Job Requirements: master’s in business administration or related
- Business Analyst -
Identify, analyze business drivers and provide decision support through financial analysis; perform business modeling, sensitivity analysis, and risk assessment; design and implement reporting systems to optimize and forecast cash flow; design & revise reporting system according to the changing business conditions, create insightful presentations at a product and company level for the management.